Monday, June 11, 2007

Bottled Water

I've tried so hard.

I just don't understand why people need to drink bottled water.

Did you read the recent New York Times Magazine article about the bottle deposity law overhaul? I kind of like the idea of a bottle deposit. But really when it comes down to it, we live in a city (at least the fortunate among us here) where the water quality is very high. The stuff actually tastes good. Why can't we just take a bottle, or a glass, go fill it up, and then drink it? Why do we need to buy water that has been moved on a truck from another place? Now, I can be a little snobby about some things. (ahem. More than a few. Sorry.) But I don't really understand the impulse to advertise that I have wasted money on a useless product. I think it would be great if we could all agree to just waste a little less.

No comments: